You may have pondered some of the following questions while flipping through admissions materials or maybe you thought it the other day when you found yourself daydreaming through English class because your teacher spends more time dealing with disruptions than discussing Shakespeare.
Are you looking for…
the kind of place where you aren’t the only one raising your hand before the teacher finishes asking the question?
an environment that will challenge you?
a place where you’ll feel safe and accepted?
a school where loving math and science isn’t just accepted it’s the norm?
a school that tells you it’s ok to be yourself?
the kind of place that encourages you to voice your opinion?
somewhere you can take ceramics, Chinese, calculus, equine science and political science all before heading to the dance studio for rehearsal?
If you answered yes to any of these questions than Stoneleigh-Burnham School might just be the place you’re looking for.
Why is all-girls education so important?
- It is a known fact that girls learn differently than boys. Research from the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools shows that girls are more willing and interested in pursuing math and science when they are in an all-girls environment. Step into one of our classrooms and you will see the difference. Girls will be asking questions, participating in discussions and (sometimes) even leading them! All-girls education is a unique experience that allows girls to grow and learn in a safe and supportive environment. Check out the previous post about life in an all-girls school here.
What makes Stoneleigh-Burnham School different?
- Stoneleigh-Burnham School offers you the opportunity to explore and learn through hands-on classes, the chance to experience a global community through a diverse student body and the challenge to become your best self. You will be encouraged to take appropriate risks in a supportive and challenging learning environment that allows a safe space for making mistakes. Stoneleigh-Burnham School will show you how to speak with confidence and clarity and help you develop skills that will serve you well into the future.
What opportunities are available to me in the Upper School?
- You will have the chance to choose from a variety of classes in Science, Math, History, English, Foreign Language and the Arts. Each year you will be required to take two trimesters of art (either visual or performing). You will be encouraged to reach outside your comfort zone and participate in a theater class or take a ceramics class. Your junior and senior years you will have the opportunity to choose from a number of exciting elective classes in both History and English. If you are particularly passionate about something you can further your learning by taking Advanced Placement classes or designing a Senior Project.
What opportunities are available to me in the Stoneleigh-Burnham Middle School?
- In the Stoneleigh-Burnham Middle School you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with your fellow students to help guide the units you will explore in your classes. You will work with other students to write and perform an original play addressing topics that are important to you. You will have the chance to explore foreign languages before choosing which one(s) you will study in Upper School. You will take classes in art, theater and dance all while learning the important concepts in math, science, English and history that will give you a solid foundation for our Upper School.
- Check out our website or give us a call! We hope to see you on campus soon!