This week on our Facebook page we asked students, alums, and fans of Stoneleigh-Burnham School to weigh in and let us know what advice they would offer to new students. We received answers from Owls as far away as Brazil and as close as our own back yard. We’ve compiled the responses into a list of the top ten things new SBS girls should know. Let us know if you have other advice for new students!
10. Don’t let it pass you by, embrace it all, enjoy school.
9. Go out and try new sports, new foods, new activities. The things you learn, opportunities you have, and the people you meet will be a bigger part of making you the woman you will become than you could ever imagine they would.
8. Participate in activities during the week and on weekends…even if you’re a day student!
7. Be nice to your RA…and keep your room clean!
6. Study hard and learn to write very, very well (it is school after all).
5. Keep a journal and take lots of pictures. You will want to remember every moment.
4. Talk to as many new people as you can…and get to know the shy, quiet kid. As one alum put it, they may end up being your best friend for life.
3. Believe in yourself and allow yourself the chance to become an assertive, self-assured woman.
2. Take advantage of every opportunity. Go on school trips, take risks, and don’t be afraid to jump right in and be yourself.
1. Have fun. From current students to alumnae from the class of 1988, everyone agrees that it is important to have fun and enjoy your time at SBS. It will be over before you know it!
We know there will be lots more advice to come…”like” our Facebook page and join the conversation!